Sunday, April 12, 2015

Trying something new.

Hey! Okay, so random talk here but does anyone feel like they can't just paint their nails all one color anymore? There has to be some kinda design or nail art...well for those like me that are incapable of creative artsy things, it's just not gonna happen. I've done it all it seems like, the Pinterest ideas and even the nail design kits. If I'm ever gonna have pretty designed nails, it's gonna because I got them done by someone else. Lol. 
So now that's outta the way, I tried something new today! I got the Essie 'matte class' gift set pack at Ulta when I was hanging out with Amber and Megan during our Gustavos weekend. It is 3 nail polishes: matte about you (which is a clear matte),  power clutch, and master plan. I've never tried any Essie polishes before but I've seen them all over Pinterest. They always seemed to have the prettiest colors! I also never tried any matte clear polishes. There was a lot of firsts going on with this. Oh! And I didn't even tell you the best part about this set, it was totally on sale! Originally $17 and I got it for $8.50. Oh yeah! I'm pretty sure thats around the same price of one bottle. You just can't beat that. 
On the side of the box, it gives you a tip of how to use your matte color. Paint your nails one of the colors, paint on a top coat, then use the matte on the nail tip like a French tip almost. So I gave it a shot, why not right? ... Didn't really turn out for the best for me. I've now learned I totally don't have a steady hand. I think if I try this out again, I may have to see about using those hole reinforcement stickers. I probably should've tried that in the beginning but yeah, you live and learn. Haha. Anyways, I went with the color Master Plan. It's such a great color! I love it. It's a grey with a purple undertone! It'll go with everything. 
Also I'm not too sure on the whole Essie brand...it seemed like the polish was thin and it wouldn't go on very smoothly. I love the color just maybe I'm being picky? Idk, I think I may have to stay with OPI polishes. Let me know what you guys think? 

The instructions. 

Before I put on the matte tip. 
Left hand. 
Right hand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment