Monday, May 4, 2015

Blooming with Boxycharm!

Basically Boxycharm had me had over heels in the month of April! I can't gush over this box enough. Boxycharm did an amazing job this month. 
The theme for April is the bloom, as in April flowers blooming. I sure think it definitely bloomed for this month. Okay, enough gushing, let's get to what's inside!




First the Costal Scemts Revealed 2 Palette - this is a wonderful eye shadow palette, just as good as the Revealed 1 Palette that was given a few months ago. There are a great amount of shimmers and matte colors in it. The palette comes with 20 shadows that can complete many looks on its own. I can't wait to start youtubing some great looks using it. 

Top shades all in order, left to right. I love the sixth shade. It's a pretty matte color. I did notice that the last two shades look very similar. 
Bottom shades all in order, left to right. Ideally like all these matte shades! The second to last reminds me so much of the Naked 3 platte. 


Second the OFRA Derma Mineral Powder - okay...I was a lil disappointed with this one at first. There were two different products you could've gotten from OFRA, it was a shimmer brick with, I think four colors, or the loose powder. I wanted the shimmer brick. I'm just not very good with loose powders. Now that I've gotten the powder, it's alright. It can be used as a highlight for the top of the check bones and the eyes. Boxycharm even gave a tip to use it down the shins of your legs to make them look longer and pretty? Idk if I'll be doing that, but I may give it a try. However, there is so much product! This will last me forever, I'm sure of it. Lol. 



Third the Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil - I'm really happy with this! It has two lip liner colors on it, purple and brandy. My favorite is brandy! I think it'll go great with nudes. The purple is pretty too. 

Left: purple 
Right: brandy


Fourth the Coolway Smoothing Lotion - this is a hair product that is suppose to create smooth, manageable hair with no frizz. I love it! You can use this product both, dry and wet. I prefer it dry. Let's talk about my hair, I have naturally curly hair. It use to look like Annie, ask Megan! So when I saw this I thought it would be prefect for those humid summer days. I first used it after taking a shower and straightening my hair. I them applied it to my hair and went outside at night. It should've been frizzed up and looked huge, but it didn't! I can't rave enough about this stuff. 


Last the Harvey Prince Mini Roller Fragrance - of course, this is in a travel size. At first I hated it, it smelled so strong! And had that awful old woman perfume smell...lol. But I used it again, let it mellow out and I like it. It smells much better now that it starts to lighten up over a lil bit of time. I think is will be a good throw in the purse roller perfume. 


All together there is so great products in this box for the month of April. Boxycharm blew me away. I basically like everything I got, still on the fence with the loose shimmer powder. But four outta five ain't bad at all. The total cost of this box at retail value is $150. If you're thinking about trying Boxycharm, I say give it a shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment