Monday, May 11, 2015

Chipped nail polish rescue! ... Maybe?

Hey guys! A new nail art idea, well I'm putting sure it's been around for a while but I decided to do something different for me. One of the worst thing about painting your nails is when it chips. I hate when that happens! So tonight I was too lazy to take off the polish I put on Friday night. Such a disappointment when polish only lasts 3 days. Maybe I have high expectations? 
Anyways I decided to try and save my polish that was already on my nails. I originally had Essie Master Plan, which is a purplely gray color. I came up with this random idea of using office hole reinforcement labels, you know, the lil white circle stickers when you tear a hole in your paper. I put those towards the bottom of my nail to make a small semi circle. I used them as a guide to prevent my polish going where I didn't want it to. I then painted my nails with a red OPI color. I don't have the name of it because it was a very small mini bottle and there is no name on it. Sorry! But it's a bright pretty red, reminds me of latino Miami red dresses. I'm weird. Lol. So I put two coats of this red color on and then when my nails fully dried, I took the stickers off. Then top coat it. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't have a lot of time. This took probably 45 minutes if you count the first time I painted my nails with the Essie Master Plan color. But I would like to see what it would look like with fresh painted nails all together, no original chipped paint. :) 

Basic hole reinforcements. Just in case you didn't understand what I meant. 

Love these colors together. 

This is my left hand. I couldn't hold my iPad and take a pic of my right hand. Just not talented enough. 



So I basically like how it all turned out. :) It was a lil rough around the edges of the stickers, but I learned you push very hard on them and I also used the end of a nail file to press the striker into the edge of my nail. That was where I found it to be worse in the beginning. I'll be trying this again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment