Thursday, December 4, 2014

Beauty is Pain

Hey guys!

Back home, I've been going to the same hair dresser for years, as in my first hair coloring was done by her.  And she is FANTASTIC with eyebrows.  The sad part is, I only get to go home a couple times a month and hair appointments are few and far between with those.  So, it's fair to say that my brows are a mess.  I'd try a place here in Fayetteville, where I go to university, but it can range from $15 to $20 for an eyebrow wax versus the $5 I pay back home.  As a poor college kid, I say no thanks. I had to do something about these monsters above my eyes.

I looked around online for a good tutorial for tweezing... which I normally avoid because MAJOR PAIN and tears... and I came across a great tutorial here.  The Beauty Department has saved my (limited) beauty life many times in the past, so I trust them.  I skipped a couple of steps, mostly out of fear, also out of lack of baby scissors. (Let me wait until winter break, where if I mess it up, I can hide for a month or so, haha).

I used a skinny paint brush handle to mark my brow boundaries. (Pardon the horrible lighting, I am in no way a photographer).
Inner corner, edge of iris, outer corner, all marked.

Then came the pain.  I am a wuss when it comes to pain.  Tears were forming and I was making sounds that reminded my roommate of a drowning cat.  No lie, she came to my bathroom to check on me.  Sorry!!
Before/After
I avoided doing too much on top, minus minor clean up.  You can tell how bad the top was, but the bottom, although it didn't photograph as well, was just as bad.  Satisfied that I'd done as much as I could, I moved to my other eye and followed the same process (except the roommate bit, she knew this time haha).
A before picture, see how bad these were?!
Finally the pain was over.  Ah, the sweet bliss an ice cube can bring to a swollen eyebrow...  Anyway, I think they came out as good as I could make them.  I much prefer getting them waxed, however.  All the pain comes at once.
Finished product!
What do y'all think?  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  What's your preference, pluck or wax?  Let us know below!

-Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment