Saturday, December 20, 2014

Together Again

Reunited and it feels so good!!! Lol. So Megan is back from college on Christmas break and we got together. We decided to do a blog post together to celebrate! (To differentiate who is talking, Megan will be italicized.)

I have been bugging Ash for weeks now to let me play around with her Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, and we were finally able to do this. I am super excited. Let's do this!

For our first look, we followed this YouTube tutorial by AllThatFresh using the Naked 3. Megan is the model for this look. (I kept begging her to not go too dark, I'm definitely a natural look kinda girl haha.). But by the end, Megan was very happy with the look we came up with, so much so that she didn't want to wipe it off at the end of the night. (I was a little skeptical at first, but it grew on me! I was a little terrified of some of the colors- looking at you, Darkside!- and at first I thought it was borderline too dark. But as the night went on, I definitely grew to love it.) It used Strange, Nooner, and Darkside. You can find the tutorial here (http://youtu.be/Eg7dgz5dxes).

This is the finished look.  After the picture was taken, Ash peer pressured me into a pinkish red lipstick/lip gloss combo ( "Hollywood" by Be A Bombshell and "Strawberry" by Bite- which looks at first like a Barbie Doll pink but they blended perfectly!). 
This was before I was pressured into the prefect lip color. 
Here's a closeup of the finished eye. Ash blended the colors so well. It photographs really well.

Our second look, I went with a day time look since Megan did. Yes, I'm going to blame her for that. Lol. But I still wanted to have boldness in there too. I used my Revealed palette that I recently got. And wow! I really liked it. It was such a good look and Megan did a great job applying my eye makeup. 

We found a Youtube tutorial by Lipgloss Leslie that utilized quite a bit of the Revealed palette. You can find it here (http://youtu.be/o_h4IUVyWXY)

I ended up pairing the look with a bold red lip, "Chile Red" by Laura Geller. Here's the finished look.
Gorgeous!!
Here's a closeup of Ash's Revealed eye.

After looking great with our makeup looks of experiments we had to go out to Walmart and look at some costemics aisle! A girl can never have enough. ;) but I was actually good and didn't get any, of course I pressured Megan into getting a plaette, it didn't take a whole lot of pressure. Lol. (It was $5, how could I resist? Haha)
No we didn't take a selfie in the makeup aisle just so you can see how glamourous we look! Wow, I really need to get some self tanner or sun.

We decided to do a couple more looks for each other once we had snackage and were back at the house. Both looks were darker and more dramatic in nature... Oh god...

For me, Ashley wanted to really push me past the point of no return and we did a super dramatic tutorial, edited for our materials at hand. For example, we didn't have that giant black pencil as a base so Ash pulled from her Revealed palette and used the near black from it. The tutorial we used was by KathleenLights located here (http://youtu.be/abq5ReFaqec).

I was finally able to line my waterline for once in my life!! I am pretty proud of myself, and I didn't even poke myself in the eye. Big win!
Ashley did a dramatic wing with angle brush and this purple cream eyeliner ("Eggplant"  high intensity pigment by L'Oreal) on my left eye and we loved it.

With my look, I found a tutorial that just grabbed my attention; it was by KathleenLights (again!), who is one of my favorite youtubers. You can find the tutorial here (http://youtu.be/-SK5QR4ceRc).  I really like the pinkish romantic colors. 
Probably not my best pic (lazy eye alert) and this look was kinda flop for us. We learned an important lesson. With a soft romantic look, don't use liquid eyeliner. The eyeliner becomes very harsh looking and just not romantic at all. We really should've used a pencil for the finishing liner but I just wanted to try out the Laura Geller Classic Tip Liquid Liner in black. Megan did my right eye, which was a lil too bold of a line but hey, we both never used a liquid pencil before. Lol. (Sorry girl!) I think this pencil would be better suited for a more dramatic look. We used all the colors in the Naked 3 palette but a purple shade that came from Wet N'Wild palette that is called Knock on Wood. 
The picture actually doesn't look that bad, and I should probably add that we did turn blending some shadow ("Buzz" from the Naked 3 palette) into it to blend the black down. Also need to work on the winging on myself. However, I did do it perfect on Megan's look, if I do say so myself! 

As we finish this, it is 1:50am our time, so we are signing off. By the time we post this, though, it will have been proofread and hopefully read coherently. Goodnight world.



No comments:

Post a Comment