Saturday, December 20, 2014

December Boxycharm!

Hey guys! Ashley here. :) 

So I get boxycharm which is a subscription box that you recieve every month. I think it's $21 a month with no shipping cost. And the best thing about boxycharm, I think anyways, is you get 5-6 full size items! How cool is that? But that's not really the best part, the value of the items always is over $100 per box. Super cool. Okay, I sound like a sales rep or something. Sorry I just get so excited about this months subscription. It's like Christmas when it comes in the mail. Lol. Anyways, I have been signed up since October this year and I haven't been disappointed with a box yet. Knock on wood. I just love trying out new products that I would probably never buy cause of the cost or I haven't heard of them.
Enough of the ramblings! This month is themed jingle bells for Christmas of course. :) 

This is the card that shows the products in the box, prices, and how to use the products. 

Boxycharm also gives its charmers (what they call their customers) lil sneak peaks on what will be in the box for the month. This box had the sneak peaks of the Revealed palette, Linda Lashes mink, and Mistura retractable brush. I had never heard of any of these brands so I started to search YouTube and the Internet for reviews of course. 

The product I found most interesting is the palette. Many people compare it to Urban Decay's naked palette! I was really excited to get this. I actually own the naked 3 and love it. It's pretty much my go to. The colors in the Revealed palette are very sheer it seems so far. I haven't got to play with it much yet. Reviews will come! 
Note: this palette has 20 shadows (more than the Naked palettes) that feel so creamy! Also I went to the Costal Scents website and this was actually $10 on sale, not sure how long the sale lasted though. 

Next item the Linda Lashes mink lashes. I haven't ever worn fake lashes... So I'm not too excited about these. They just seem almost too glamourous for me. They are very pretty though. I am a pretty plain girl when it comes to makeup but I'm trying to come outta my shell, lately anyways. I already have  2 pairs of lashes that I got on sale from ELF cosmetics that I have yet to use. I think I may practice with those before using the super nice mink ones. 
Look at those! I wish my lashes were like that for real! So glamorous for $30. That's expensive!

Up next, Mistura Beauty Solutions retractable beauty brush. I was really excited about this one after I saw the sneak peak. I travel a lot to see my boyfriend so when I pack, I cringe Having to bring my brushes. I'm always worried about bending them, and those puppies aren't cheap. What's a girl to do, right?! But about this brush! It's so easy to twist up and out the brush comes! The brush itself is super soft but it smells weird like plastic almost. Idk I have a weird habit of smelling things that I use on my face. Lol. I'll just wash it before I use it for sure. 

Be a Bombshell lip stick. My color was Hollywood. And can you say red?! I can totally see this being for a Christmas party which is totally a good idea. I haven't tried a lot of Be a Bombshell products. I think it must be a boxycharm frequent brand cause I got an eyeshadow in a previous box. 
I took a swatch since the color is a lil not true to the stick. It's more a hot pinky color than a red which is a lil disappointing but it's still a pretty pink. Also that stuff is on when you swipe it where you want it. I had to scrub my hand with soap to get it off. I may really like it on the lips for long lasting. 

And last the Eva NYC hairspray. This is the typical hairspray but it does have a great smell to it! It is in travel size which is 1.5 oz. Not much to say about it. 

To conclude I give the December box 4 stars. The only complaint I have at the moment is me not knowing how to apply fake lashes. Lol. 






No comments:

Post a Comment