Saturday, February 21, 2015

Boxycharm madness

Hey guys! So I've been lacking so much. First I haven't done my Boxycharm for the month of January, I'm sorry! And then I missed doing a post last week, I'm terrible. Lol. Okay so we are totally catching up right now.  This post is gonna be Boxycharm for January and February! It's gonna happen. 

January Boxycharm! 
Wow did Boxycharm pull all the stops out for this month. The month's theme was celebrate in style for New Years and it's gotta be one of my favorite boxes so far! As almost always, all these products for this month is full size which is awesome. 




Let's start with the Beauty For Real The Perfect Pencil. It's a great color. I like it. However to claim it's the only lip liner you'll ever need? Not too sure about that. But the color is nice. A mauve brownish red. I love wearing it with Bite Beauty's Grace color. So pretty. It matches so great together. 

Left is the lip liner and right is lip cream. 


Beauty For Real True Color Lip Cream in "Always There". The color is reddish pink. It's super shinny and pretty. I'm in like with it. It a great smooth lip gloss which is super pigmented. What's more to like? The fact that it has a mirror on the bottle and a light? Yes, please. I didn't even realize that the light was on it until I pushed the button on the top of the wand and was like what?? Very cool. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I think this is a great thing. You know when you're in a dark lit bathroom and you're trying to touch up, this is a great addition to lip gloss. Good job Beauty For Real. 



Mirabella Face Prime. I'm just not sure about this one...I have oily skin most of the time. It's like a shine magnet. So this product is silky and smooth, it just goes on e skin really well. It scares me. Haha. I've used it a couple of times but I don't have much trust in it for my skin. The idea of it is great. Feels good but I don't think it's made for me. I think I'm gonna have to find someone to give it to. Not too impressed with it. 

Pur-lisse Skin Sparkle Flash Tattoos. I'm wishy washy on this too. Is it cool to wear fake tattoos for adults now? New tread I'm guessing. I work in a profession where I just don't think I could pull it off. Maybe I can find somewhere to place them where it'll not be completely seen but still cute. We'll see about it. I'm still on the fence for this one. They are cute though, don't get me wrong. I like the leaf ones. 

And saving the best for last, Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum! This is amazing that Boxycharm sent this! Take a moment here, its $47. I probably wouldn't have bought it on my own. This is why I love Boxycharm, the fact of trying things you wouldn't be able to. Okay, let's talk about how good it is. I like it! It comes in a really cute packaging and the dispenser is a dropper so easy application. It says 2-3 drops is all it takes. And then immediately watch your hands so there isn't any discoloration on them. It does have a sticky feeling at first but dries fast on the skin and the stickiness goes away. The only down fall is the smell. What was Tarte thinking? I can't even describe it, I just can't. It's weird, but I can over look it cause I really do like it. Does the bronzing color work, not sure just yet actually. I've only used it about 4 times. I'll have to do an update. 


February Boxycharm! 
The theme is obviously Valentine's Day, Kisses from Boxycharm. This box will have to be a first impressions, because I haven't been able to use anything yet. All together, I think it's a pretty good box so far. 



Modern Minerals Duo Fiber Mini Round Brush. It is very soft and feels good. Who doesn't need more brushes? I'm happy with it.

Mullein & Sparrow Mini Facial Mask. This one isn't full size, it's deluxe size. But I don't think the size is really going to hurt, it's something you'll use once a week. It'll take some time to get through it. Look, at that bottle! So cute. I'm pretty excited to use this one. 

ncLA Nail Lacquer in "Heart Attack". Okay, ehh...it's a nail polish with a bunch of hearts. The kind that you used back in the day where you fished the shapes out you wanted on your nails. It was also for Valentine's Day, clearly. I just don't think there will be much use in it for me. I did put one heart on my index fingers while my nails were painted. They actually stayed on for a good time. 

Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel. I really like this! The color is a pink and it's just pretty. It is pigmented. Also it claims to never need sharpening, very cool. I'm really hoping that the claim is true. 



Mistura Beauty Solutions C-2-P Complexion Concealer. What a long name. I was worried when Boxycharm revealed this, I wasn't sure if it was gonna match my skin color. However, it goes pretty good with my skin and blends good. It is very creamy so it feels good on the skin. I think I would use it on just small spots on my face as a concealer. It comes up like a lip stick.   








No comments:

Post a Comment