Tuesday, February 3, 2015

NYC Enamel "Plaza Plumberry"

On Saturday I went with a friend to her work's banquet via the best friend pact- when you don't have a date to a fancy function, take your best friend haha. For that I wore a pretty gold polish that I got a while back from Ulta.  The thing was, it was glittery so removal for a new color was... difficult.
Ulta "High Roller"

When removing glittery nail polish in the past, I'd always just scrubbed with acetone, a frustratingly slow process.  Glitter is crazy hard to get rid of!  I decided this time to try what Pinterest has been going crazy about: wrapping tin foil around acetone soaked cotton on your nail.  All the tutorials I looked at said leave it on for a couple minutes, but I found that I had to leave mine on for around four or five minutes.  Not being able to use my hands for five minutes was a real pain, but it definitely removed the glitter easier than normal.

After five minutes, no gold glitter!














Tired of the light gold I'd had for the past few days, I chose a deep purple.  It's cheaper than my last few colors I've used, and one that I've had for a long time.  Definitely a fave.  It requires two coats.  One coat is definitely too light, you can see through it and see brush strokes, but two coats blends perfectly with great coverage and opacity.

One coat
NYC Long Wearing Enamel "Plaza Plumberry"

No comments:

Post a Comment