Monday, February 9, 2015

Zoya "Marney" & Two New Faves

Hey guys!

I WENT TO DALLAS THIS WEEKEND AND IT WAS AWESOME!! I got my first pedicure while I was there, with a hot stone massage... It was glorious as well as gloriously expensive.

But of course, as soon as I left Fayetteville, my old mani started to flake off. Ugh, I hate when that happens.  As soon as I got back last night, I immediately took the old polish off and was off to Ulta for a new color. None of my other ones looked appealing.


I picked up Zoya's "Marney" lacquer.  It was on sale, and looked like a rosey purple in the store, but on my nails it looked more mauvey, chocolatey in color.  It definitely changes in different lighting.  I am in love with it either way.  Here's a picture of how it came out looking last night.
Zoya "Marney"

While at Ulta, I also picked up two other products that I'm going to rave about for a bit.  I've been seeing a lot of posts about nail polish remover pens. THEY ARE AMAZING, and everyone should get one.  It was seriously the best $5 I have ever spent.  It came with several replaceable tips, and it's great for cleaning up the edges around cuticles. The tips are angled just for those hard to reach areas.  I'm still working on the steady hand while painting, and this cleans my mess perfectly.
Ulta Quick Touch Nail Polish Remover Pen

The next product I'm going to rave about is this four sided nail buffer I picked up at Ulta, the "Ms. Manicure Block Party" four way smoother.  Each side is numbered so you know where to go with each step.  I used it last night after removing my nail polish, and it smoothed my nails out so well, it looked like I was wearing a clear coat! No lie, I am in love.  I am also in love with the price.  At Ulta, you can get it for a dollar.  Yes, that's right $1! Now, you can't get a lot of major work done with the file side, but once you've done your major shape work, this is great to give that finished look to the nail. 

Ms. Manicure Block Party
Look at those smooth, shiny nails. LOOK AT THEM.


-Megan

PS. When I was getting my pedicure in Dallas, I almost fell asleep because the place also served wine with the pedicure. Talk about your relaxing pedi... Everyone should try it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment