Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Nail Update and "Raving Hot" Rage

Hey guys!

I know it's been a while since my last post, but there's a good reason. I promise.

I found this brilliant red color on sale at Ulta the last time I went, and being in an "Agent Carter"-I-need-bright-red-nails sort of mood (after binge watching most of Agent Carter, as you do), I wanted to use it.  I was also aware that most of the time that I use a red polish, my nails always get super stained, and nobody's got time for that.  I decided that, as well as my Sally Hansen nail hardener base, I would try another base coat on top to see if that would stop the stain.

Long story short? It didn't.  And then the unimaginable happened. THE POLISH STARTED BUBBLING. Little tiny bubbles in the red, under the top coat. How frustrating is that? So before I blogged about the color, I wanted to try my normal routine without the added base to see if that was the cause of the bubbles.  It wasn't. Ugh.

The color in question was Covergirl's Glossy Days glosstinis in "Raving Hot".  I wanted to like this so much.  It's very thin.  I ended up both times using three coats and I could still see the free edge of the nail.  The color shows all sorts of imperfections in the brush strokes.  The red is fabulous despite all this- a brilliant color, just too thin on application.  And then there's the bubbles.  I'm sure it's probably user error, but two different top coats and base coats with the same result? I don't know, y'all...
One Coat
Three coats















Now, a couple weeks ago I did a post on cuticles and nail shape and I wanted to give you an update.  I've been using cuticle oil and lots of lotion and not picking at the undersides of my nails, and I really think I've been seeing an improvement, especially on my index and middle fingers.  They are starting to get that nice rounded shape at the edge of the quick.  I'm excited and will give another update soon.

Do you think I should give the "Raving Hot" another chance? Throwing it out to you guys.  What am I doing wrong, or is it just the polish itself? Help!

-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment