Friday, February 6, 2015

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Hey guys! I decided to do a look tonight using my Elf beauty book Disney Snow White. That's a long title for sure. 
Okay and here comes a fun fact about me. I'm obsessed with Disney basically. My family and I went to Disney World this past year and it was amazing. Trip of a lifetime. We had a blast and are already planning on going next year. :) 
Here's a picture of my family and me! (I'm the one in the ears) 

Okay on to the good stuff that you wanna know! Elf cosmetics is super affordable, if you already didn't know that. If I'm thinking about trying a new makeup item out that I'm not use to (example fake eyelashes), I go with Elf. Something's work and then there's the things that don't, it happens with every brand. Hit and misses.
So Elf has came out with some other Disney beauty books but I went with the Fairest of Them All because...I am the fairest of all. Yeah, not really, actually I'm super pale and love one of the eyeshadow colors in it. 
What's in the book? Three highlighting eyeshadow shades, four eyeshadows, eye primer, black eye liner, blush, and lip gloss. 
I love the names of the eye shadows. How cute are they? But my favorite color has to be One Song. The red is just so pretty looking! 
Top left: cover. 
Top right: inside page with step-by-step guide for fairytale makeup look
Bottom left: mirror 
Bottom right: the goods

Swatches of yodel, one song, enchanted forest, and my prince. 
One song, isn't so red looking now...

My look. I only used what was in this beauty book, besides applying foundation and face primer. For eyeshadows, I used yodel in the crease, one song on the lid, enchanted first as eyeliner, diamond mine in the inner corner, and I'm wishing as a brow highlight. 


What do I think about the book? Honestly...I hate to say this but eh....I would love to love it but I don't. The eyeshadows are super glittery and there's fall out. I've worn the makeup for about three hours now and there is glitter all over the tops of my checks. I usually apply eyeshadow first then do my face to prevent the appearance of fall out but it didn't work very well. The eye primer isn't very good, my eye lid just looks greasy and oily. The blush has a little bit of glitter/simmer in it, it's okay. The lip gloss was the only thing not in the picture. It was a pinkish red color. It didn't last very long. Altogether, will I use it again? No, most likely not. I'm more to use it on my little sisters who wanna play with makeup instead on myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment