Thursday, January 29, 2015

Huge success and then failures...

Okay I woke up today and thought let's try this curling wand out again! I got a Remmington curling wand for this past Christmas time and haven't really put it to use yet. I tried using it once and it was horrible. My hair looked bad...and I burnt my thumb. I was done with it after that experience but today I guess I felt adventurous. I watched the how to videos on YouTube before starting out. I even watched one with a young teenage showing how to use the curling wand. Yes, I felt pretty dumb taking tips from her when she made it seem so effortless. Lol. 
So I started in. I began dividing my hair in sections: top, middle, and lower, lower and making my way up curling. It's still a learning process for me. I hated the first go, the tips of my hair were straight because I was so worried about burning myself again. I had to go back a try it over again, getting closer to my fingers. I held about an inch of my hair at a time on the wand for 10 seconds. I gotta say once I figured out how to hold the tips of my hair without burning myself it did go a lil easier. I'm sure that everyone has a hard time doing the back of their head, which was one of my biggest issues too but I think I did a pretty good job with it. I also added a texture spray that I had laying around...for a few years. (I know, get rid of it!) I think this spray helped some but I would like to look into getting some other texture creams or sprays for curling my hair like this. Oh! Also, I think it's a totally good idea to use a heat protection product too. I didn't do this, bad ashley, but I was just excited to see if I could mange curling my hair this time. 

Heres the front 
And there's the back. 

Overall I'm a lil impressed with myself. I like it. I'm even going to wear it out to town. With time and practice I think I'll be able to really to get it down. 

Alright now the failure. After feeling as if I achieved a great defeat, I was feeling super confident. I decided to try a makeup look I've never done. Boy, was I getting ahead of myself... I recently watched a YouTube video by Amanda Ensing where she used orange and blue eyeshadows together. Here's the link, http://youtu.be/otvPDfrXCk4. I've been trying to play with blue colors since I'm more of a warm tones person so I used her video as inspiration. 
I applied the colors, orange on the crease area and then blue on the lid. I didn't use the same brands, I actually used my elf beauty color shadow book. 
Now here comes the failure, eyeliner. I'm so bad with eyeliner. My first eye was great with the liner, not too thick at all. Then on my next eye, it was way too thick. I had totally messed up. I tried to make the other side thick to equal out which I guess worked. Over all the top lid just wasn't the way I liked it, the thick liner just seemed to cover the blue up so much. I added more blue shadow to my lid. Then I decided to put on some eyeliner on the bottom lashes...messed that up too. It was just everywhere. It looked like my liner had started to run down. Note to self: don't rush yourself when using black eyeliner, especially when doing lower lashes. I was about to just give up at this point but I continued on. I applied my foundation. At this point I thought maybe I could fix my lower eyeliner with concealer! I applied a liquid concealer near my eyeliner and paded it out with a brush. It worked pretty good actually. Surprise, surprise!
All together with the makeup, I'm not sure about it...it needs work. I need to slow myself down and take my time. I think this was my biggest downfall with this look. Next time, I'll get it down! 

It's gonna need some more work on the blue/orange look. 






No comments:

Post a Comment